LEGO Home Alone Harry and Marv Van instructions. This MOC represents second generation Dodge Ram Panel Van used by Harry and Marv. Design is created as addition to LEGO Ideas Home Alone McCallister House set 21330. And it matches movie van color scheme and specification. It also matches color of van used in official set. And official LEGO stickers can be used on this design. Its built with same parts with same arrangement where the side stickers are, so you can use stickers from official set even if they are already applied on that van – simply take out whole side section that is covered by sticker and use it on my version. My instructions steps ensure that parts have the same layout around sticker area, so they can be swapped easily.
I also added my own sticker image if you don’t have official set. Instructions will come with two sticker image versions – with transparent background and sand blue background.
You can also use number plate stickers from official set. And I added my own sticker for number plate that is visible in movie. If you plan to use my number plate sticker – there are different ways this can be used. Usually on official LEGO sets number plate stickers are used on white 1×2 tiles 3069b – but when I use real number plates, they don’t look as good, they look too big for me, so I like to resize them smaller than 1×2 tile surface, like 60-70% of part size. And in such cases instead of using white tiles, I use parts in same color as bumper, so if you want to do this the way I do – add 2x extra tiles in light bluish gray color and use these parts instead of white as in my original design.
If all this is confusing, after purchase send me a message, I can change the parts in your source file so you can order parts that best fit your situation.
Unlike official van this does not have any opening parts, and it can only seat 1 minifigure in cabin. Cargo compartment area is empty, so second minifigure can be placed there.
Because of sand blue color, there are many parts that are expensive and rare, like for example 1×1 plate (3024), so I avoided all these parts as best as I can, so some building techniques or design solutions might look weird and not optimal – that’s because I’m using non optimal parts. Luckily none of this affects outside design.
LEGO Home Alone Harry and Marv Van MOC info:
– 6 stud wide
– same scale as official 6 stud wide LEGO City/Speed Champions models
– simple design, but some parts are less common
– can seat 1 minifigure (but have enough room in cargo area that can seat few more minifigure or cargo items)
– no opening parts
– designed as addition to LEGO Ideas Home Alone 21330 set
– Instructions folder will include images that can be used as stickers – texts on sides, and number plate
– total 292 parts from 82 lots, all parts will cost around $35 (Important – because of less common parts this model will cost more than most of my models of this scale. Regular price would be $20 or less in any other color. Bricklink right now (Nov 2021) shows total part price around $35 in my area. But be ready that depending on your location your price can vary, Also be prepared that because of limited availability some parts might require overseas shipping, or you might need more than usual shops/sellers to get all the parts. So shipping price will also be higher than usual! At my location I needed 4 bricklink sellers to get everything (usually its 2-3). So if there ever is design that can be more unpredictable in cost – this is the one. If you already have parts in this color, then great, you can remove them from my part list and that will will help you getting everything cheaper. My personal recommendation would be to not buy this instructions unless you are ready to spend up to 70$ for all the parts (with shipping included), or you need to be ready to source everything you can locally.
What You Will Get With Your PurchaseI offer digital instructions only. You will get the following files:
- PDF Step by Step instruction file
- .xlsx part list file
- Studio 2 (.io) source file you can use to view model in 3d view and upload part list to Bricklink.com
- Text with will all necessary information about using instructions, part lists and source file