I can do a custom LEGO instructions for your car based on your exact specifications and pictures. If you don’t have any experience ordering individual LEGO parts for custom models – no worries, I will guide you every step. Read all the information here, and if you have more questions – contact me 🙂
Scale: Right now I can only do City (minifigure) scale cars in 6 stud wide, or trucks in 8 stud wide, because that’s the scale I have the most experience.
Delivery formats: You will get:
– Render Images of your model from all sides
– PDF Instruction file that will contain step by step building instructions (or any other format if needed)
– Excel Part List file (or any other format if needed)
– Bricklink Source Files to order all parts from Bricklink automatically (see Bricklink Ordering tutorial for more info)
Price: Instructions will cost you between $10 and $20. Average price is $15. (If its simple model, something that I already have, or just modification of existing design – price will be closer to $10. If its larger and more complex design like truck, price will be closer to $20).
*If you want me to design vehicle with trailer, trailer will count as separate vehicle.
Time frame: On average it takes me around 3 – 4 days deliver everything
How to start and how all this ordering process will work:
Its very easy – contact me here , let me know what model you want and add some refence images. I will check everything and get back to you within 24 hours with my estimate for part costs, time frame and general info how good I can recreate your model (if I can get it in same color, if all the features possible etc) and with my price for instructions.
*reference images – 2 or 3 images is enough, I just need to see car from all angles (if you don’t have all angles from same car, you can attach images from different cars, as long as they are in same specification). I will look at color, wheels, bumpers and additional features like fog lights etc. So its important to see the exact specification car form all angles, because even same model vehicles may look a bit different in different trim levels.
If you want to order instructions as gift for someone else:
– My recommendations would be – You can buy a blank gift box, once you order and get all the parts – put them inside (if needed you can divide them in several ziplock bags) and print out my render images on sticker paper and put them on box to make nice little gift (I recommend to use white box). I can also help you and prepare printable files with any additional texts you want to put on box (it won’t cost any extra). If needed I can also prepare my instructions in printable format, but they will use a lot of ink, so better to use instructions in digital format.
– Can I order full kit that will also include parts? No! I don’t have any extra parts, I only sell instructions. I don’t know if I can ever get enough parts to sell full kits, there are too much choices and combinations for parts, and managing all that would be really difficult, so it would be very expensive on your side. So I better keep this simple.
– Can I know the exact price I will pay for my model in advance? I will tell you my estimate price for parts before you order, but your exact final price will depend on your location and shipping methods sellers will give you. So your calculation will look something like this: My cost for instructions + cost for parts + cost for shipping. For example $10 for instructions + $20 for parts + $15 for shipping = Total $45. Of course if you already have your own LEGO collection your only costs will be my instructions. Most of my designs will cost around $20 – $25 in parts so in most cases you can expect that your total costs will be around $50.
– What happens if I can’t find all the parts needed? I will always check part availability before sending final, design, so it won’t include rare parts, although If you have trouble getting some parts I will modify my model and replace them with alternatives. Same thing will happen, if when you order you see that costs are higher than expected – I can modify my model, and make it a bit simpler and cheaper.
– Do you accept other scales? Right now I only accept City scale. Larger scales take too much time, and I often get stuck on larger designs. So I can’t accept them at this moment.
– What about cars that are 8 stud wide like new Speed Champion sets? I don’t work on 8 stud wide cars (only trucks), because they don’t match the regular City scale vehicles and buildings. So all my City scale models will use 6 stud wide designs.
– Do you accept requests other than cars? Buildings, figures, aircraft? Right now I can only do cars. At this moment – no, need more experience to do other types of models.