LEGO Porsche 911 Classic instructions. This model represents early air cooled 911 models from 1964 to 1973 model years. After 1973 front bumper design was changed. I’m looking to have that version also here at some point later. Overall I’m very happy with this design, but there are some small limitations. First – if you look at second render – you will notice that inside part near the headlights at the top (where the curved part ends) does not fully connect with remaining body panels, and create a small gap. I don’t think there is way to remove that. But its not really noticeable and does not affect the structural integrity. Second: Design around headlights area is not very strong (depending on your part quality, but headlight part with hinge will push everything in place and secure anyway). You can avoid this by using two slope parts 15068 with two 1×2 plates 3023 + two 1×2 tiles 3069. These new parts will replace 61409 parts in my design. (1×2 tile will replace horizontal part 61409). But this technique will create a little bit bigger gaps because of curvature. These alternative parts are NOT included in main model source file or part list files. But this option will be mentioned again in instruction page.
In this design everything can be opened – hood, doors and rear engine cover. It can be build in several LEGO colors, as it uses mostly standard parts. Most important parts that will define the possible color choices are hinges and wheel arches.
LEGO Porsche 911 Classic MOC info:
– 12 stud wide
– hood, doors and engine cover can be opened. Full interior and engine (although engine is not super detailed, because of small space)
– not too complex design for its shape, no very rare or expensive parts (but some parts are from older LEGO sets, so they can be expensive in Bricklink stores if ordered as new, so choose them as used parts.
– total 706 parts from 158 lots, all parts will cost around $100 (or more expensive if some of the discontinued parts are ordered as new)
What You Will Get With Your PurchaseI offer digital instructions only. You will get the following files:
- PDF Step by Step instruction file
- .xlsx part list file
- Studio 2 (.io) source file you can use to view model in 3d view and upload part list to Bricklink.com
- Text with will all necessary information about using instructions, part lists and source file