LEGO Oshkosh M1070 Instructions. This model represents current U.S. Army 8×8 heavy tractor truck. Model is LEGO City minifigure scale and can be used to transport everything else that is in the same scale. Truck itself is regular 6 studs wide (wheels are a bit wider), trailer is 8 studs wide.
I have this same truck designed also as free instructions (search in my YouTube channel) in simplified form. Even with less parts and details, free version is still good enough, and from distance look very similar to this premium version.
Main differences from free version:
– this version feature more realistic and detailed cab in correct shape, cab is also not symmetrical – there is spare wheel in passenger side that cuts into cab. In free version cab is just a square and symmetrical, without spare wheel and less detailed with more simplified windows area.
– There are more details after cab, around generator/winch area
– Almost all exposed studs are covered
– Way more detailed trailer design
– 550 parts vs 334
– Parts will cost around $70 vs $35
It is possible in principle to recolor this model in tan color, but you will need to change quite a few details, also some of the smaller details can be expensive in this color (you will be able to do that in included Bricklink Studio 2 Source file, but be prepared to adjust the design).
Also its not possible to simulate the wires/strings in digital model, so you can detail even more this model, by adding working winch, cables etc. Also you can add chains that you can use to hold the vehicle on trailer in place (the exact amount and arrangement will depend on vehicle shape/size you will want to put on trailer).
LEGO Oshkosh M1070 MOC info:
– 6 stud wide (a little bit wider wheels) truck and 8 stud wide trailer
– simple enough design, can be built from standard LEGO parts
– seating for 1 minifigure
– total 550 parts from 110 lots, all parts will cost around $70 (truck only – 309 parts – 79 lots – about $40 in parts), (trailer only – 241 part – 64 lots – about $30 in parts)
*Because of larger download size – if you experience any problems downloading the instruction files from your dashboard – contact me – I will send you everything in e-mail
What You Will Get With Your PurchaseI offer digital instructions only. You will get the following files:
- PDF Step by Step instruction file
- .xlsx part list file
- Studio 2 (.io) source file you can use to view model in 3d view and upload part list to Bricklink.com
- Text with will all necessary information about using instructions, part lists and source file