Instructions for LEGO Mercedes 300SL Gullwing with openable doors. Because this model is so iconic for its doors, I really wanted to design this with openable doors. But there is one problem – because of door mechanism there is no room for minifigure, and I think this will never be solved (at this scale), because there is simply not enough room. Also model doesn’t look great when doors are closed. Body lines are not perfects, gaps on the roof, or transparent pieces doesn’t look as nice as normal windows. So this model really needs to be as static model with doors open at all times. I also designed another version for minifigures (without opening doors).
LEGO Mercedes 300SL Gullwing Open Doors MOC info:
– 6 stud wide
– NO minifigures can be placed inside, there is no room, because of door mechanism
– this design is not very strong, model holds together by two plates at the bottom (top part because of doors doesn’t connect front or rear), so bottom plate is the only thing that holds everything together. So this is really model just for display!
– total 204 parts from 59 lots, all parts will cost around $31
What You Will Get With Your PurchaseI offer digital instructions only. You will get the following files:
- PDF Step by Step instruction file
- .xlsx part list file
- Studio 2 (.io) source file you can use to view model in 3d view and upload part list to Bricklink.com
- Text with will all necessary information about using instructions, part lists and source file